Whether you are looking for a place to pass time, relax, have fun or create unforgettable memories for your loved one, Columbus GA has it all. This third largest city in Georgia is full of life and the experience is incredible. You will be torn between choosing what is best for you since the city has a lot to offer. Not only are there sites to see but also places where you can have fun with friends and family. Here are some of the things to do in Columbus GA:
1. Columbus Museum. Being the second largest museum in the region, there will be a lot to learn about history and matters art. You can visit the museum and learn about the American art and Chattahoochee Valley history any day of the week except Saturday and Monday. In addition, the museum has an auditorium and a gallery for children to enjoy.
2. Columbus Botanical Garden. This beautiful 22 acres piece of land is some sort of paradise where you can go to learn about plants, practice photography or just enjoy seeing and appreciating the beauty of nature. You can as well walk around inhaling the natural and clean air. There are also organized learning and guided sessions for both kids and adults in groups of ten and above.
3. The Riverwalk. If you to exercise, you will surely love this. The Chattahoochee Riverwalk offers a walking and biking path where you can jog, ride your bike in a serene environment or even do fishing. One can also sit and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The Riverwalk also provides geocaching experience in their package well known as the Riverwalk Geo Tour. The package entails a 31 challenge geocaches. Along the Riverwalk, you will also get to The Island which is a favorite spot for many that allow you to see people rafting.
4. Entertainment. Have some fun by attending comedy shows in Columbus GA or attend one of the various wine tasting spots here for the sake of fun. At the River center, you get the chance to watch live shows of performing dancers and musicians do what they do best.
5. Oxbow Meadows. This is more of a learning facility that will give you the chance to learn about regional wildlife and ecology. As you walk along the beautiful trails, you will not only learn but also see turtles, snakes, and alligators.Besides having fun places to visit, Columbus GA also has a variety of restaurants and hotels where one can enjoy delicious dishes and spend a night after a long day.